March 11, 2009 § 12 Comments
Everytime a new season is upon us, discussions regarding one’s favorite season of the year heat up once again. What has really caught my attention is the fact that most people prefer to talk about their favorite season; any discussion with regards to one’s least favorite season is more or less an afterthought.
This observation is confirmed by Google Stats. There are a lot more search results for “favorite season” than “least favorite season”. In an attempt to buck the trend, I thought it would be interesting to have a discussion devoted entirely to one’s least favorite season.
Which season of the year (Spring, Summer, Fall, or Winter) is your least favorite and why?
**A previous discussion on this topic is HERE.
December 30, 2008 § 15 Comments
My goals for 2009:
1. Pay off my debts.
2. Publish 2 economic papers.
3. Gain weight.
4. Complete an abridged translation of Saga of a Broken Heart.
5. Learn to speak Spanish.
6. Compete and win American Idol.
7. Win the Nobel Prize for economics.
8. Travel around the globe in 79.9 days.
9. Build a monument and name it after me.
10. Decode the Mona Lisa.
These are my New Year’s Resolutions. What are yours? Discuss. 🙂