March 27, 2015 § Leave a comment
The fastest person with the correct answers will win a $1 Amazon gift card – that’s a year worth of salary for some big-shot CEOs. Send your answers to (firstname.lastname@example.org) by midnight today.
1. In many cultures, spring symbolizes ________.
a) Rebirth b) Life c) Death d) Love e) All of these
2. The term “equinox” is defined as ________.
a) When the sun is furthest from the equator b) When day and night are equal in length c) When Earth’s two poles meet
3. In the Persian calendar, the first day of spring (or New Year Day) is called ________.
a) Sizdah Bedar b) Nowruz c) Ashura d) Khordad e) None of these
March 20, 2015 § 1 Comment
Goodbye Winter, hello Spring.
1. The first day of spring is technically called ________.
a) Spring solstice b) Spring equinox c) Either A or B
2. Spring is the season of flowers. The Japanese celebrate the arrival of spring by hosting mass viewings of which flower?
a) Peach blossoms b) Tulips c) Sunflowers d) Carnations e) Cherry blossoms
3. Which playful bird is often seen as symbolizing the arrival of the spring season?
a) Cuckoo b) Jaybird c) Robin d) Swallow e) Sparrow
I’ll post the answers later in the comment section.
March 16, 2015 Comments Off on Spring Blossoms: Early Bloom
a Spring day
the flowers bloom
March 13, 2015 § 1 Comment
The year’s second Friday the 13th.
1. Friday the 13th’s superstition originated from which civilization?
a) Western/European b) Eastern/Asian c) Not known
2. What is the term used to describe the fear of Friday the 13th?
a) Achluophobia b) Claustrophobia c) Triskaidekaphobia d) Paraskevidekatriaphobia
3. Which of these famous (or infamous) people was born on a Friday the 13th?
a) Margaret Thatcher b) Saddam Hussein c) Kim Jong-Un d) Bill Clinton
I’ll post the answers later in the comment section. Enjoy.
March 6, 2015 § 1 Comment
We are celebrating St. Patrick’s Day a week early.
1. The longest-running St. Patrick’s Day parade in the United States takes place in which city?
a) New York City b) Chicago c) Boston d) Philadelphia
2. What symbol is most associated with St. Patrick’s Day?
a) The Leprechaun b) A harp c) Triskele d) The Claddagh e) Shamrock
3. The traditional food of St. Patrick’s Day is
a) Cabbage b) Corned beef c) Irish stew d) Potato pancake e) A and B
I’ll post the answers later in the comment section. Check out more trivia questions.