Early 2013 Golden Globes Predictions
January 3, 2013 § Leave a comment
The Golden Globes, which will be held this year on January 13, is the first major event of the movie awards season. This year’s competition is expected to be one of the most competitive yet, with many heavyweights vying for the golden statuette. Here are my early 2013 Golden Globes predictions for some selected categories:
1) Best Motion Picture – Drama: It will be a two-movie race between ‘Argo’ and ‘Lincoln’. I pick Argo to win this category.
2) Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy: Les Misérables, which is getting the buzz at the right time, is the top favorite for this category.
3) Best Actor in Drama Movie: It will be a close contest between Joaquin Phoenix and Daniel Day-Lewis. The latter seems to be a favorite of most movie critics (potential Golden Globes voters). I will have to go with Daniel Day-Lewis.
4) Best Actor in Musical or Comedy: This is a two-man race between Jack Black and Bradley Cooper. My pick is Cooper to win the award.
5) Best Actress in Drama Movie: This is shaping up to be the most competitive award in the movie category. Any of the nominees has a shot at winning it. My favorite right now is Rachel Weisz.
6) Best Actress in Musical or Comedy: Emily Blunt has a good shot of winning this award, but Golden Globes queen Meryl Streep and Hunger Games’ Jennifer Lawrence could snatch it from her.
That is it for my early predictions. What are your Golden Globes picks? Fans of movie award shows can check out my Golden Globes trivia quiz to test your knowledge of the event. Enjoy.